Okay… this is THE chocolate chip cookie that hits all the right notes. Crunchy on the outside. Chewy on the inside. Salty + Sweet. That’s my kinda dessert…. or breakfast!
– 1 1/4 C Flour
– 1 Tsp. Baking Soda
– 1/2 C Salted Butter, Room Temp
– 1/2 C Brown Sugar, Packed
– 1/2 Tsp. Sea Salt + more for top
– 1/3 C + 2 Tsp Sugar
– 1 Large Egg
– 1 Tsp. Vanilla
– 1 1/2 C Semisweet Chocolate Chips
– Sift together the flour and baking soda.
– Beat the butter, brown sugar + sugar until smooth.
– Add egg, salt and vanilla, mix until combined.
– Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients.
– Stir in chocolate chips.
– Roll cookie dough into 2 Tbs. balls.
– This is the tip that changed it for me: FREEZE THEM! Make the dough the day before, freeze and bake them the next day – you won’t be sorry!
Here’s how I did it!: Roll them out, stick them on a cookie sheet and pop them in the freezer. If you are not making the next day, toss in a freezer bag and save for later.
READY TO BAKE
– When it’s time to cook, pre-heat at 350 F.
– Bake on parchment paper for 10-12 minutes. They will not look full done, but they are!
– Take them out and immediately sprinkle with Sea Salt.
– Let them sit on cookie sheet for at least 5 minutes.