Is it just me or has “pumpkin” become overrated? I used to crave pumpkin everything in the fall – soup, coffee, cake, pie, roll – anything I could get my hands on!
Then, the PSL trend happened and Pumpkin wasn’t so exciting anymore! I’ve avoided pumpkin this year, but it’s now November and I decided it’s time to make something… and I fell in love all over again!
When I was a kid, the family I babysat for asked me to bake these Pumpkin Bars with the kiddos. I enjoyed the simplicity of this recipe and have been making it ever since, now with my own kids! How fun!
– 4 Eggs
– 1 2/3 Cups Sugar
– 1 Cup Vegetable Oil
– 15 oz. Pumpkin Pure
– 2 Cups Flour
– 2 tsp. Baking Powder
– 1 tsp. Baking Soda
– 2 tsp. Cinnamon
– 1 tsp. Salt
– 1/2 Cup Chopped Pecans (optional)
– Pre-heat Oven at 350° F
– Beat eggs, sugar, oil + pumpkin
– Sift flour, baking powder + soda, cinnamon, and salt together
– Fold dry ingredients into wet
– Pour mixture into greased 13″ x 10″ dish
– Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until it passes the toothpick test
– Ice with room temp. Cinnamon Cream Cheese Icing (recipe below) and top with chopped Pecans
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Icing
– 8 oz Cream Cheese, room temp.
– 1/2 Cup Butter, room temp.
– 1 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
– 1-2 Tsp. Cinnamon
– 1 Cup Powder Sugar
-Beat cream cheese and butter on high until smooth
– Add vanilla + cinnamon
– Slowly add the powder sugar, mix until smooth